Dangers of Employee Misclassification
Three of our California-based Drinker Biddle lawyers from our California HR team provided a complimentary one-hour webinar on issues that may impact California employers if their employees are misclassified.
Topics discussed during the one hour webinar included:
- The different factors used by government agencies and courts in determining independent contractor classification
- Best practices in classifying workers as independent contractors
- Proper worker classifications under retirement and group health plans
- Employer responsibility for offering health coverage to full-time employees when using staffing firms
- Consequences of misclassifying workers
Date: April 9, 2015
Time: noon pacific time/3:00 pm eastern time
To view the presentation, please visit the DrinkerBiddle website, here.