Impact of Mergers & Acquisitions on California Employers
On April 29, 2014, four of our California-based Drinker Biddle lawyers from our California HR team provided a complimentary one-hour audiocast on the impact of mergers & acquisitions on California employers.
Topics discussed during the one-hour conference call included:
- Wage and hour compliance;
- Employee Classifications — exempt vs. non-exempt and independent contractors;
- Integration of key policies, such as vacation, personal days, sick pay and leaves of absence;
- Impact of asset sale vs. stock sale on transaction;
- Dealing with qualified plans in a merger;
- Impact on group health plans, including MEWA issues, COBRA and FSAs;
- Due Diligence requirements for both sellers and buyers; and
- Timing of terminating a 401(k) plan in the merger.
Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Time: 9:00 a.m. Pacific (12:00 p.m. Eastern)
To listen to the presentation, please visit the Drinker Biddle website, here.